Skip to main content

A Call for Artists to Help

 Morning  Stream
21cm x 29,5 cm
watercolor on paper 

I have donated my painting "Morning Stream" to be auctioned off (here) as a limited print. Donations will be benefiting Marilyn who has a progressive muscle disease - muscular dystrophy. Donations are needed to help fund Marilyn's "Tram" - a device  for transfers from wheelchair to bed, etc. Without it, she would need the services of a caregiver. You can read more about her story here.

Kim Tysse, Marilyn's cousin, is organizing everything through a blog in order to find a way to help achieve enough donations to help her with this purchase. She is looking for artists to donate their artwork to be offered up as prints. There is no need to send the original art, just a good file that she can make prints. Any kind of support is nevertheless welcome! If anyone would like to help Marilyn, please  send your file here .

 



Marilyn is someone who has always tried to help others and continues to make every effort to help herself. The needs however, are overwhelming for Marilyn. Your one donation may not solve her entire needs, but combined with others, your help can truly make a difference. This is an exciting opportunity to be a blessing to someone - and to be blessed.




Comments

  1. C'est un très beau geste de générosité ♥

    Gros bisous

    Manon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great initiative Celia ! You donated a beautiful work "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece, Celia. Interesting way to do a fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Celia! You are certainly one of the good guys! Crem de la crem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful painting, Celia, for a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your painting Celia! Best of luck with the auction and fundraiser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Celia :) I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    A hug, Sonia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celia, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Here's to a joyful and creative 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice painting, Celia. And for a good purpose. Happy New Year and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely painting to donate Celia. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2016!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Rose Aglow

A Rose Aglow watercolor sketch on paper 18 x 26 cm

The rose in this painting is situated in front of my daughter's high school. As I was walking past it, the sun was hitting it in a way that made it seem it was glowing with a beautiful mix of yellows and pinks.  I recently purchased some paints from the Ecoline liquid watercolor line. I enjoyed playing here with the pleasant intensity they possess. With this type of liquid ink there is the possibility of degradation of its properties over time, I will keep it for sketching purposes only.



 work in progress

If Life Gives You Lemons

 IF LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS watercolor on Fabriano Artistico paper 30 x 23 cm available
Now that it is summer, Amalfi lemons are in season at my local market. They are grown on the hills of the Campania  region, around Sorrento and Amalfi. They have a characteristic sweetness, a consequence of the volcanic soil, year-round warm temperatures, and perfect amounts of rain.

After rinsing the lemons, I set them on a kitchen towel to dry. As I went about, I would pause often to take in the soft delicate pastel colors. My purpose became to convey the soft light that comes in, with many variations of whites and neutrals to highlight the sunny yellow skin of the lemons.

It has also been helping me to do a warm up sketch before painting. I keep this sketch beside me to test colors before actually applying them.

 my warm up sketch
When all of this is over, I have a whole book of baking recipes devoted to the fragrance of these lemons ... I need to get to work!


Oatmeal Lemon Bars








The Mending

The Mending watercolor on paper 20 x14 cm The inspiration for my painting is loosely based on a photo from an on-line art friend for our monthly art challenge. The tomato pin cushion brings back warm memories of my grandmother who always lovingly mended everything on demand for us. Basic sewing skills can be crucial to important relationships.